Welcome to the ventureBiTS journey!

As part of an Advanced Seminar in Entrepreneurial Strategies and Finance, 21 students from BiTS in Iserlohn, Germany have journeyed to Chicago. They will spend the month of July, 2014 exploring the city and their own entrepreneurial capacity. In this blog, they will reflect on what they are learning and experiencing during their time here.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Marcs Blog #2

In this blog I write about the entrepreneur Perry Watson III, who is the president of Lexus of Mishawaka. Although I did not hear him speak in person, because he was represented by his son Rob Watson, I was most impressed by Perry Watson. In my eyes Perry Watson has some different leadership skills. In particular I have seen the traditional and participative leadership style. In my opinion this leadership style is very effective. Due to the fact Perry Watson is an entrepreneur in car dealership business you need high skills in leadership. Furthermore he needs to be an advisor for his team that he can support his team in kind of motivation, knowledge or personal support. Another point it is that he has to open to criticism because of innovations and new ideas. Rob Watson told us that for his father Customer Relationship is one of the most important things in business. Everytime Perry Watson tries to have the best relationship to his clients. In most times he is ready to put the relationship to his customers over his own interests. He lives this positive way every day in his company and with its customers. Thus he creates a positive atmosphere and culture in his company.  
In my opinion it is very difficult to have leadership skills like Perry Watson. When he decided to open a new car dealership of a new brand he had to take so many risks. I would be proud to wear one day as much risk as Perry. In addition to that Perry hold an Bachelor and Master degree. I like his way of education, because I am a candidate for a Master of Science as well. And after my education in university I want to get experiences in professionals before I will range my own business one day.

His philosophy about motivation and the enthusiasm with which he pursues his goals impressed me the most. Perry embodies a perfect leader. Because a leader should be open to new ideas, able to deal well with criticism, have interpersonal skills and be able to motivate his staff.

All in all the event was a great experience. I was impressed by Perry Watson pursued his career plan. However, I could not identify 100 % with one of these entrepreneurs because I have other specific ideas of leadership. In addition I am not so much interested in the fields where the entrepreneurs operate. But in general when Rob talked about his father he inspired me by the way of daily motivation. It has convinced me that in Perry Watson’s opinion each has his own fortune. Also I would like to solve problems in the future with such positive motivation.

It was fascinating for me to hear Rob talking about his father !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment