Welcome to the ventureBiTS journey!

As part of an Advanced Seminar in Entrepreneurial Strategies and Finance, 21 students from BiTS in Iserlohn, Germany have journeyed to Chicago. They will spend the month of July, 2014 exploring the city and their own entrepreneurial capacity. In this blog, they will reflect on what they are learning and experiencing during their time here.

Friday, July 11, 2014

Me, Myself and I

Reflective Blog 1:

1 Did you learn something new about yourself that you didn`t know before?

When I started to think about myself in terms of the business model exercises, I started thinking about who am I as a person and what is special about me? I needed to figure those questions out. I began to think about my life and the person who are in it by now and who I want to be with. This was the point when I recognized how much my family and friends mean to me. So I learned about myself that I am a very emphasized Person that wants to have people around and talking to them. I can perfectly use that attitude for my career later on. It is always helpful if you know what your business partners or costumers want from you.

2
Was there something that you always felt was true about yourself but the canvas exercise proved it to you?

Well actually I just thought that I like to help people by motivate them and finding solution for problems. But because of the model I started thinking about it. I talked to my friends and asked them how they see me. The answer was as a motivator, somebody who everybody likes to talk to and to hear their advice to a certain problem. Their answer actually proved to me that I am right with my opinions about myself. Another thing that I felt was true about me is the fact that I like to organized things and to do things in a specific structure that makes the most scenes to me. In the model I proved it and it was right for me. I feel quite confident that the model strengthen the attitudes I have.

3
Did you identify any changes you want to make to yourself or a new path you want to take?

By now I think my character is build up. I do not want to change anything. But it might be possible to add some attitudes that might help me in my further business. I am still young and willing to learn new things. Not only about business but also about myself and how I can provide myself to be good and reach the targets that a set up to myself. Its all about going on and deal with the strength and weakness I am going to face.

4
Find one business leader that you feel is most like you and give a brief narrative on the person and why you are similar

I choose Jürgen Klinsmann as a leader who I feel is most like me. He knows how to motivate people and how to bring passion into business. He actually can motivate 1000 of people at the same time. If you just think about how Jürgen Klinsmann change the feeling for soccer in the U.S. it is just amazing. In the following lines there will be a quotation from him.  

But at the same time, he remains realistically optimistic, both giving praise to his players, showing faith in their ability, but challenging them to prove it again. “All of them fantastic,” he said of his players’ performance. “They absolutely went to their limits, but this is what it is now. In games like that, you have to prove your point and show your quality. You want to show the world that you’re the best soccer players in the country. And that’s what they’re doing right now. They did an amazing job. We were that close. So we didn’t make it quite yet. We have to make it against Germany.”

(Sources: http://www.tracomcorp.com/blog/jurgen-klinsmann-proven-motivational-leader/)

I also want to become such a great motivator as JürgenKlinsmann.

No comments:

Post a Comment