Welcome to the ventureBiTS journey!

As part of an Advanced Seminar in Entrepreneurial Strategies and Finance, 21 students from BiTS in Iserlohn, Germany have journeyed to Chicago. They will spend the month of July, 2014 exploring the city and their own entrepreneurial capacity. In this blog, they will reflect on what they are learning and experiencing during their time here.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Maximilian Hollstein
Reflective Blog:
What did you learn about yourself through the personal business model exercise today?
When I am honest to myself I did not learn anything new about me. I only learned how difficult it is to analyze myself with these different topics.
The thing I always felt about myself and canvas proved it to me was that Love and my Career are very close to each other concerning their importance. But also my purpose statement proved my lovely activities which I would do when money plays no role for five years.
During the different tasks I identify some facts and points I maybe want to change in the future. To focus more on my health and doing more sport and fitness is one big change I want to do. I also want to higher my creativity because that is a weakness of mine and a point a have not focus on that much jet. Very important for me and my life I analyzed is my career and therefore creativity is also very important to be successful. Money/Wealthy, Career and also Love are my most important points for me with an equal standing. I think it is a really big challenge to find a way to get all these points in common. I recognize that only traveling and party do not really fulfill my life when money plays no role in the next five years.
The business leader I chosen who I think is kind of similar to me is Sir Richard Branson.
   
“Sir Richard Branson is CEO of Virgin and is known for success and customer service. Sir Richard Branson owns over four hundred companies and is estimated to be worth $4.2 billion dollars. Now in his sixties, Branson’s business ventures range from airlines, telecommunications, formula one, cosmetics and space exploration just to name a few.”[1] 
I think that I am kind of similar because of the following reasons. First of all Sir Richard Branson that he never say “no” to an opportunity. He has a very concentrate on customers. Customer Service is his the most important point and his answer of success. He meets the needs and wants of his customers. The focus on customers is also my most favorite point in business. The focus on customer service is the most and biggest point where I think that I am similar with Sir Richard Branson. The way he focus on new aims is very impressive because he never says “no”. He realizes what he wants and his ideas. When I have create new ideas and focus on a special aim I also do not say “no”. I try to be successful by not losing my aim out of my eyes. Another important attribute which is similar between Sir Richard Branson and me is never to give up even others do not believe in you or do not support you.    



[1]www.business2community.com/customer-experience/7-customer-service-rules-from-richard-branson-ceo-of-virgin-0156782#!bczkcL

No comments:

Post a Comment